What do you need to be successful in college? 有很强的独立性. The ability to manage time well and to prioritize efficiently. 有效的沟通技巧. The confidence to self-advocate. A clear sense of ethics and responsibility to the world around you. An understanding of where your passions and 人才s lie and intersect. Solebury grows and cultivates these skills, so that by senior year our students are ready to soar at college and beyond. 然而, for some seniors who have recently joined our community, or for those who attended high school elsewhere, a post-graduate year can make all the difference between being able to attend and/or be successful at the college of their choice.
Solebury is proud to offer a PG program that can give students the extra boost they need to thrive in college. Our goal is to craft an individualized experience that fulfills your needs. 您可以:
- 在索伯里登船, a true “mini-college” experience. Get up and off to classes on your own, do your own laundry, live with a roommate, etc.
- 从我们的 多样化的产品. 多修AP或荣誉课程, pick from nearly 100 electives to explore a field you're interested in, or round out your transcript with a deep-dive into one or more disciplines.
- Take a class through our partner university, 特拉华谷大学, for an introduction of what colleges courses are like.
- Complete an internship to try out a possible future career.
- 旅行. Spend a month at one of our exchange schools in Switzerland or Spain or see the world through one of the international trips we offer each year.
- Complete an independent study with one of our 教师 in an area of significant interest.
As a post-graduate student, our 大学辅导员 will guide you through the application process. Our counselor writes letters of recommendation, 帮助管理截止日期, provides guidance on essays and applications, and uses his expertise and connections to help find the college that is perfect for you!
关于体育的注意事项: 韦德娱乐app下载地址’s athletic league does not allow PG’s to play in league contests, and Pennsylvania State law prohibits students from participating in athletics if they turn 19 prior to the start of the PG school year. Many of Solebury’s teams play substantive non-league schedules where PG students can participate.